A Theme to Remember

So last year I chose a theme to work with during the spring semester. You can read my post about this thinking here in the post Concentration. This year I will return to the world of the mythical beast known as the Jackalope. I am a Jackalope. A pretend animal made up of unlikely combinations of other animals. When I was in my mid early twenties I discovered that the Jackalope was my "spirit animal." The circumstances around this discovery are not utterly vital. Let's just say it involved running up and down a mountain, laughing maniacally at the fact that I could run, up or down a mountain.

I am not sure what it says about my spirit that it is connected to a mythical beast. I like to think that this connection was formed much earlier when I still believed it might be possible for me to find a jackalope in the wild, much more likely than seeing a unicorn (everybody knows unicorns dwell in european forests and, well, I have never had occasion to go to a European forest). I am comforted by my connection to an improbable animal and I have decided that I will explore its origins through visual artistic expression. My theme will be, The Origins of the Jackalope.

Comments