Inspiration

Thomas Edison is supposed to be responsible for this famous quote, "Genius is 2% inspiration and 98% perspiration." And I agree, for the most part. That 2% however is critical to my survival as an artist. I often find myself being inspired at really random moments, usually when my brain is supposed to be doing something else.

Inspiration:

(n) arousal of the
mind to special
unusual activity
or creativity.
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=inspiration

I find it poetic however that one of the other definitions is...
(n)
inhalation, inspiration, aspiration, intake, breathing in (the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing)

...because I feel as though without inspiration my creativity can't breathe.

Good luck on the search for yours!

Comments